Fishing is defined as a form of harvesting and hunting of fish, mollusces, bait, shellfish, squid through well known methods such as angling, spearfishing, trapping, netting, trolling. Fishing is generally done in the ocean, rivers, estuaries, dams, lakes.
TYPES OF FISHING:
1. Estuary Fishing can be very productive within the estuaries found throughout South Africa. A variety of species such as kob, grunter, bream, rock cod and purch can be caught in the estuaries of South Africa.
2. Fly Fishing is a type of method using artificial flies to catch a variety of species such as trout, yellow fish, bass, carp and yellow tail. The fly is cast using a Fly Rod, Reel and specialised fly line. We have a large selection of prime Fly Fishing Venues situated through out South Africa.
3. Game Fishing is also referred to as sport fishing, offshore game fishing or Big Game Fishing. Big Game Fishing is usually done off a boat trolling lures for species such as Marlin, Tuna, Dorado, Wahoo, Yellow Tail and more. South Africa offers exciting Big Game fishing in areas such as Cape Point, Durban, Struisbaai, Shelly Beach...
4. Kayak Fishing is generally done using a kayak as a method of transport across a body of water. It is considered a big sport in search of the big one and can be done in Durban, Cape Town, Aliwal Shoal and many other places through out South Africa...
5. Reef Fishing is a diverse and exciting kind of fishing. When reef fishing you have the chances of catching species such as gurnard, rock cod, geelbeck, hotentot, and this can be done through out South Africa in areas such as Aliwal Shoal, Robben Island, Cape Point...
6. Rock Fishing is fishing from rocky outcrops into the sea. It is generally termed as Rock and Surf fishing. When rock fishing you can target species such as flat fish, sharks, kob, hotentot in certain areas of South Africa...
7. Surf Fishing is the sport of catching fish off the beach, standing on the shoreline or wading into the sea. In South Africa species such as kob, steenbras, leervis, sharks and rays can be caught off the beach....
8. Spear Fishing is an ancient method of fishing that has been used for centuries. It is now a popular sport amongst many South Africans whom target species such as Yellowtail, Tuna and snoek through out South Africa....
|Bass Fishing South Africa - Bass Fishing Gauteng - Bass Fishing Cape Town - Bass Fishing Kwazulu Natal - Bass Fishing Eastern Cape - Bass Fishing Free State - Bass Fishing Mpumalanga - Bass Fishing Western Cape - Bass Dams - Bronkhorstspruit - Vaal River - Brakkeduine - Impofu - Wriggleswade - Sterfontein - Bivane - Inanda - Midmar - Albert Falls - Loskop - Witbank - Middelburg - Driekoppies - Breede River - Bulshoek - Groenvlei - Clanwilliam - Kwaggaskloof - Theewaterskloof|
|Carp Fishing South Africa - Carp Fishing Western Cape - Carp Fishing Eastern Cape - Carp Fishing Kwazulu Natal - Carp Fishing Gauteng - Carp Fishing Free State - Doorndraai Dam - Vaal Dam - Vaal River - Pretoria - Struben Dam|
|Shark Fishing South Africa - Shark Fishing Eastern Cape - Shark Fishing Western Cape - Shark Fishing Kwazulu Natal - Shark Fishing Durban - Shark Fishing Namibia - Shark Fishing Macassar - Shark Fishing Transkei - Shark Fishing Mazeppa - Shark Fishing Knysna - Shark Fishing Plett - Shark Fishing Port Elizabeth - Shark Fishing East London|
|Snoek Fishing South Africa - Snoek Fishing Western Cape - Snoek Fishing Cape Town - Snoek Fishing Robben Island - Snoek Fishing Yzerfontein - Snoek Fishing Cape Point - Snoek Fishing Buffels - Snoek Fishing Kwazulu Natal - Snoek Fishing Durban - Snoek Fishing Eastern Cape - Snoek Fishing PE|
|Trout Fishing South Africa - Trout Fishing Western Cape - Trout Fishing Cape Town - Trout Fishing Kwazulu Natal - Trout Fishing Gauteng - Trout Fishing North West - Trout Fishing Free State - Trout Fishing Natal - Fly Fishing South Africa - Fly Fishing Dullstroom - Fly Fishing Lydenburg - Fly Fishing Drakensburg|
|Tuna Fishing South Africa - Tuna Fishing Cape Point - Tuna Fishing Cape Town - Tuna Fishing Western Cape - Tuna Fishing Eastern Cape - Tuna Fishing Durban - Tuna Fishing Kwazulu Natal - Tuna Fishing Yzerfontein - Tuna Fishing in South Africa - Tuna Fishing Shelley Beach - Tuna Fishing Aliwal Shoal - Tuna Fishing St Lucia|
|Yellow fish Fishing South Africa - Yellow Fish Gauteng - Yellow Fish Western Cape - Yellow Fish Pretoria - Yellow Fish Eastern Cape - Yellow Fish Vaal River - Yellow Fish Sterkfontein Dam - Yellow Fish Clanwilliam|
|Yellow Tail Fishing South Africa - Yellow Tail Fishing Cape Point - Yellow Tail Fishing Cape Town - Yellow Tail Fishing Yzerfontein - Yellow Tail Fishing Robben Island - Yellow Tail Fishing Eastern Cape - Yellow Tail Fishing Durban - Yellow Tail Fishing Kwazulu Natal|
We invite all browsers to submit their fishing articles and advice on all the different styles of fishing through out contact page.